Saturday, September 11, 2010

Creating with Fabric

For the last few months the studio has been set up for working with fabric and I have been busy making fiber art. I am thrilled to be embarking on an exciting project and my goal is to create a new body of work. I will be exploring new ideas, working in a series and expanding my work with color and compositional structures. The first pieces I made this summer are partially shown on the design wall at the left. "Sharp Crayons", the piece shown in my header and in the top left margin is the first work I made in this series and many friends encouraged me to explore this idea further. That seemed like a good place to start. In future posts I will share some steps in the process and my thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. wow...what a wonderful studio...I`m jealous :-) I need more place to draw and paint
    :-)
    Wonderful photo. So colorful with all the fabric.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete